Rural High School Visits Guide
To download the full pdf of the guide, please click here. To download the appendix with helpful templates for letters and forms, please click here. Otherwise, to look through the sections of the guide check out the table of contents below.
Table of contents
- General points
- What to consider during the planning
- Splitting up the group - how do I manage so many kids?
- Workshop ideas
- Information sessions - what information do students want?
- Get in early and keep in contact
- Invite a variety of general RHC members as well as RHC exec to facilitate RHSVs
- Bring lots of hands-on equipment
- Pack prizes and RHC merchandise
- Organise a briefing day for RHSV volunteers before the RHSV
- Break the ice
- Be flexible
- Research different healthcare professions and think multidisciplinary
- Have unstructured interaction time
- Seek feedback