Bond University Society of Health for Indigenous and Rural Experience (BUSHFIRE) aims to create an interest in rural and Indigenous health within and outside of Bond University Health Sciences and Medicine community by providing opportunities to experience rural work and living.
Welcome to Bushfire
The National Rural Health Student Network
The Bond University Society of Health for Indigenous and Rural Experience (BUSHFIRE) is a student-run club founded by Bond University medical students. The club aims to create a strong interest in rural and Indigenous health within and outside of Bond University Health Sciences and Medicine community.
As a member, you will be able to enjoy:
- On campus clinical skills nights hosted by BUSHFIRE and other Bond special interest clubs
- Day and overnight trips to regional and rural Australia where we combine clinical skills with local festivals
- Trips to Health Workforce Queensland run events including Joint Rural Health Club Weekend, Go Rural and numerous workshops
Rural High School Visits
- Access to scholarships and placement opportunities inluding the John Flynn Placement Program (JFPP)
- Heavily subsidised conference fees to annual events such as Rural Doctors Association Queensland, Rural Health Summit (AMSA) and Rural Medicine Australia
- Membership is open to everyone, free and life-long! So, what are you waiting for!
By becoming a member of your Rural Health Club, you are also a member of the National Rural Health Student Network (NRHSN).
The NRHSN represents the future of rural health in Australia. It has more than 9,000 members who belong to 29 university Rural Health Clubs from all states and territories.
It is Australia’s only multi-disciplinary student health network, bringing together people studying medicine, nursing and allied health, encouraging them to pursue rural health careers.
Manage your Membership Details
It is important to keep your details up-to-date to ensure your RHC and the NRHSN can keep you informed of everything exciting that’s happening in rural health!
When logged in, view your profile to update your details