RAHMS (Rural Allied Health and Medical Society) is the University of New South Wales’ student-run organisation for exercise physiology, medical, medical science, optometry, social work, psychology, public health and biomedical engineering students. We are made up of students from both city and country, as well as anyone interested in rural health.
Welcome to RAHMS
The National Rural Health Student Network
RAHMS (Rural Allied Health and Medical Society) is the University of New South Wales’ student-run organisation for exercise physiology, medical, medical science, optometry, social work, psychology, public health and biomedical engineering students. We are made up of students from both city and country, as well as anyone interested in rural health. Some of us plan to work in rural health while others are just curious.
With over 600 members across 8 different disciplines, RAHMS aims to inform its members about rural and remote health issues, bring together like-minded students from multiple universities, provide positive experiences to promote rural living and working, encourage thinking about rural careers and increase awareness about health concerns facing indigenous Australians.
- Learn – learn more about rural and indigenous health issues and careers in these areas through events such as interesting speakers, generously subsidised trips to rural NSW, plus heaps more!
- Meet – meet health students from rural health clubs around Australia
- Prepare – get a better idea about what studying is like with the UNSW Rural Clinical School in campuses that you may well visit in clinical years in Albury Wodonga, Coffs Harbour, Griffith, Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga.
- Up to Date – get informed about rural scholarships such as the John Flynn Placement Program, the Rural Australia Medical Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme (RAMUS) and Bush Bursaries. We will also keep you up to date about conventions and conferences; and we can help you with organising placements (allied health too!)
- Support – We can connect you with other people on rural placements and we organise fun activities for our rural campuses. We also provide limited bursaries for rural placements, conferences and activities.
- Give Back – join us on a Rural High School Visit to teach and inspire children about the options of studying health at a tertiary level.
Whatever your reasons (even just out of interest), RAHMS warmly invites you to join today so we can email you about our activities.
By becoming a member of your Rural Health Club, you are also a member of the National Rural Health Student Network (NRHSN).
The NRHSN represents the future of rural health in Australia. It has more than 9,000 members who belong to 29 university Rural Health Clubs from all states and territories.
It is Australia’s only multi-disciplinary student health network, bringing together people studying medicine, nursing and allied health, encouraging them to pursue rural health careers.
Manage your Membership Details
It is important to keep your details up-to-date to ensure your RHC and the NRHSN can keep you informed of everything exciting that’s happening in rural health!
When logged in, view your profile to update your details