ROUNDS is the Rural Organisation of the University of Notre Dame Sydney
Welcome to ROUNDS
Part of the The National Rural Health Student Network (NRHSN)
Rural Health Organisation of the University of Notre Dame, Sydney
ROUNDS is an enthusiastic Rural Health Club with ambitions to educate, inform and inspire its members on rural, remote and Indigenous health issues. Formed in 2008, the club is a student-run organisation for medical and nursing students at the University of Notre Dame, Sydney who are interested in rural health issues.
ROUNDS aims include increasing awareness of:
- Rural and remote population health including community and social factors
- The careers available in rural and remote Australia including possible challenges, pathways, rewards and issues unique to these working environments
- The different needs of sub groups of the population within rural and remote areas and particularly the health and social community needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
In 2021, the ROUNDS Committee are
- Co-Chairs: Michael Stuart and Mia Holman
- Secretary: Sidney Flego
- Treasurer: Bronte Meinertz
- Publications Officer: Nancy Notting
- Medicine Social Representative: Margot Leeson-Smith
- Nursing Social Representative: Cleo Crawford
- Close the Gap Representive: Sunita Jha
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Representative: Katie-Lee King
- Rural High School Representative: Kate Hurst
The following positions will be available to 1st year ROUNDS members from UNDS, in the February/March Junior Rep elections:
- Junior Medicine Social Representative: TBA March 2021
- Junior Nursing Social Representative: TBA March 2021
- Junior Close the Gap Representative: TBA March 2021
- Junior Rural High School Visit Representative: TBA March 2021
By becoming a member of ROUNDS, you are also a member of the National Rural Health Student Network (NRHSN).
The NRHSN represents the future of rural health in Australia. It has more than 9,000 members who belong to 28 university Rural Health Clubs from all states and territories.
It is Australia’s only multi-disciplinary student health network, bringing together people studying medicine, nursing and allied health, encouraging them to pursue rural health careers.
Manage your Membership Details
It is important to keep your details up-to-date to ensure ROUNDS and the NRHSN can keep you informed of everything exciting that’s happening in rural health!
When logged in, view your profile to update your details