The AURHA Executive and Committee are elected annually at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in October. The 2017 AGM will be held on Wednesday, the 4th of October at 5:30pm in the Joe Verco Lecture Theatre (Ground Floor), Adelaide Health and Medical Science Building.
Nominations for the 2017 Executive and Committee close at 5:30pm on Wednesday October 4th. Nominations can be made by completing the google form here
- Submit applications here including the following details:
- Max. 100 words (up to 200 words for executive role) describing why you are suited to the role, including any previous experience and any plans you have for the role.
- University course and expected year of study in 2018.
- Contact details (email address and phone number).
- The deadline for online applications is 5:30pm, Wednesdy 4th of October.
- Candidates may apply for more than one role, however, order of preference should be indicated. Candidates may only be elected to one role.
- Applicants are required to deliver a short speech (1-2 minutes) at the AGM, prior to voting.
- Nominations will also be accepted in person on the night of the AGM.
- Teams of 2-4 people may apply for any committee role (excluding executive roles).
- Pairs (2 people) may apply for discipline representative roles.
- Executive roles are to be filled by individual applicants only.
- Team/pair applications should be submitted as per above application process, with a word limit of up to 200 words for applications.
- Voting and selection of candidates will occur on the night of the AGM via an online voting platform.
- If an applicant is unable to attend the AGM, their application will be read aloud on their behalf prior to voting, and they will be notified of the result.
- Proxy voting will be available on application by emailing email@example.com with the vote and a description of the circumstances requiring the necessity of a proxy vote. The executive committee will make a decision as to whether to allow the proxy vote depending on individual cases, and the person submitting the vote will be notified prior to the AGM.
Executive Committee Position Descriptions:
AURHA President has been a fun and challenging position to hold. The role requires a dedicated, organised and approachable individual who is passionate about the opportunities that AURHA have available and has the vision to take the club to the next level.
The role allows you to interact with individuals from a range of disciplines. It enables you to refine skills in leadership, organisation, professionalism and public speaking and allows you the opportunity to network with professionals on a national level. The role does require a large time commitment (approx. 10 hours per week, more in lead up to events) including dealing with unexpected ‘emergencies’ at times. Emailing is