Executive Committee update September 2016
Photo: 2016 NRHSN Executive Committee
What have we been up to?
- 12 August - The NRHSN congratulated The Hon. Sussan Ley on her re-appointment as Health Minister and The Hon Dr David Gillespie on his appointment as Assistant Rural Health Minister
- 23 August - Queensland Rural Health Clubs advocated for rural training pathways with Queensland’s Chief Health Officer, Jeanette Young. Check it out here.
- 6-7 September – Blair Burke, NRHSN Medical Officer presented on ‘A future innovative healthcare system’ at the 5th Rural and remote health scientific symposium. See presentations from the symposium here.
- 14-17 September – Danielle Dries, NRHSN Indigenous Health Officer presented on ‘culturally competent health professionals for the future health workforce’ at the Australian Indigenous Doctors Association (AIDA) Conference
What’s coming up?
- 18-21 September – Blair Burke, NRHSN Medical Officer will present on ‘providing healthy living and health career promotion to rural high school students’ at the Public Health Association of Australia conference
- 19 September - Our rural placement research opened on 24 August – make sure you have your say by clicking on the link in the email sent to you before 19 September – find out more here!
- 23 September – Applications close for CARAH Health LEADS: Building Rural and Remote Leadership – promote to your members now!
- 29 September – 1 October – William Moorhead, NRHSN Community and Advocacy Officer will present on ‘the innovative healthcare system we want to work in’ at GP16, the RACGP Conference for General Practice
- 1 October – Applications close for the 2017 NRHSN Executive Committee – apply now!
- 12-14 October – Danni-Lee Dean, NRHSN Nursing and Midwifery Officer will present on ‘going to extremes – how isolation, geography and climate build resourcefulness and innovation in healthcare’ at the CRANAplus Conference for remote health professionals