Calling all Allied Health Students! - The SARRAH-NRHSN Scholarship Opportunity
SARRAH-NRHSN Student Scholarship
Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health (SARRAH) and the National Rural Health Student Network (NRHSN) are offering the opportunity for one NRHSN allied health student to attend the 2018 SARRAH national conference at the Darwin Convention Centre from 12 to 14 September 2018.
The conference is themed ‘Changing Landscapes, Changing Lives’ and will showcase and explore changes in, including but not limited to, workforce, training and professional development, service delivery models, clinical practices and service delivery, community engagement, cross cultural service provision and Aboriginal health.
The program features 9 keynotes speeches, 1 panel discussion, 48 oral presentations, 54 lightning talks (5 minutes), 6 workshops, 36 e-Posters, 15 exhibition tables and 3 social functions including the exclusive opportunity to tour the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) Tourist Facility on Stokes Hill Wharf and to experience the RFDS aeromedical simulator.
The three-day event will offer learning and networking opportunities to a wide cross-section of public and private sector healthcare allied health providers, consumers, policy makers, students and researchers involved with rural and remote allied health.
This opportunity includes
- SARRAH student membership for one year and
- one full student member conference registration which includes a welcome reception, all conference sessions, access to exhibitors, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on Thursday and Friday, “A Touch of the Tropics” dinner on Friday evening, satchel and pocket program and conference app including abstracts.
It does not include flight transfers and accommodation.
Eligibility and criteria:
To be eligible to apply for this, you have to be:
- a student enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate allied health degree in any discipline
- a member of your university’s Rural Health Club
- a student member of SARRAH or be eligible to receive complimentary one year student membership from SARRAH
- agreeable to submit one page of a review and 2-3 photos from the conference to inform of the learning and value gained from the experience, suitable for publication in SARRAH and NRHSN’s communications
Send an email with ‘SARRAH conference application’ in the title to NRHSN Allied Health firstname.lastname@example.org with
- your name, contact details, address, study enrolment, university and Rural health Club details
- a paragraph about your studies and interest in rural and remote allied health
- a photograph of yourself on a rural placement or something similar related to providing rural and remote allied health services
All applications must be received by Wednesday, 15 August 2018