Student Health Alliance for Rural Populations (SHARP) is the Rural Health Club of the University of Wollongong and one of the 28 Rural Health Clubs part of the National Rural Health Student Network.
SHARP is a multi-disciplinary student club, with members studying medicine, nursing, nutrition and dietetics, medical and health sciences, psychology, public health, social work, Indigenous health, and exercise and sport science.
Established in the year 2000, SHARP aims to promote rural and remote practice to our members through:
- Participating in Rural High School Visits to advise students about career pathways in the medical and health field
- Hosting guest speakers who have practiced in rural and remote areas
- Providing scholarship opportunities for rural and remote events
- Collaborating with Rural Health Clubs from other universities
- Engaging students on campus through volunteer opportunities as part of UOW