Join your fellow student members!
Benefits of Joining
- SPINRPHEX membership is FREE!
- SPINRPHEX provides a monthly newsletter to your nominated email: these are chockful of upcoming events (both SPINRPHEX's and events run by other rural health organisations), NRHSN national news and scholarship opportunites.
- SPINRPHEX is multidisciplinary and cross-institutional: Students have the opportunity to broaden their social networks and make new friends with future colleagues.
- SPINRPHEX organises many social and educational events: members can pick and choose what they'd prefer, though we'd love if you could attend all of them!
- SPINRPHEX committee is made up of health students: Get involved by volunteering for a position on next year's committee. Don't be afraid to chat to current committee members to find out what it's all about!
- SPINRPHEX organises rural community activities: Students can get first-hand experience of a rural community, have a go at making a difference to the local, learn new skills, and at the same time, have fun!.
- SPINRPHEX has discipline-specific guest speakers: Students can meet rural practitioners (possible mentors) and ask specific questions.
- SPINRPHEX holds an annual camp: This is a highlight of the SPINRPHEX Event Calendar. A combination of social and educational activites, it's a must do for SPINRPHEX members!
- SPINRPHEX provides comprehensive information about rural practice: Students have a reliable, up-to-date knowledge base (information about rural practice specifics and about being a rural practitioner).