Wagga Area Regional, Remote and Indigenous Allied Health Service
- Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga NSW
WARRIAHS is a student run Rural Health Club based at CSU Wagga Wagga. We are one of 28 clubs that make up the National Rural Health Students Network (NRHSN). As a Rural Health Club we aim to unite undergraduate health professionals, across all health disciplines, to promote opportunities in rural and remote practice.
WARRIAHS runs both social and educational events throughout the year.
- FIRST AID: As most courses require a current first aid certificate, we host first aid courses for members at multiple times throughout the year. These courses are informative, professional and are offered to members at an unbeatable price.
- ANNUAL BALL: Each year we host a ball, with guest speakers and students from other clubs in attendance. It is a great opportunity for students from all years as well as friends and family to get together for an entertaining social night.
- RURAL HIGH SCHOOL VISITS: Throughout the course of the year we travel to local Wagga High Schools, as well as other schools in the district, in an effort to promote the benefits of pursuing a career in rural or remote health. These visits are always enjoyable and educational for all participants.
- INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: We host a clinical skills night specifically focused on raising awareness for practitioners and health providers in the healthcare-setting with Indigenous peoples. A local member is invited to speak also.
- RURAL HEALTH CONFERENCES: Funding is available to help subsidise our members to attend various rural health conferences for professional development and networking opportunities.
- MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID: A short course discussing the importance of all practitioner's and healthworker's mental health. Preventative mechanisms and techniques are discussed and demonstrated.
In 2016 we will be celebrating the NRHSN's 21st Birthday at our Annual Ball in an extra special celebration.
Membership is open to any student studying at CSU. To find out more information email the email@example.com